Nature Publishing Group Poster Prize
HUGO is delighted that the Nature Publishing Group, whose publications include Nature, Nature Genetics, and Nature Review Genetics, will once again be sponsoring a poster competition at HGM2007. All posters will be reviewed by a panel of judges drawn from the local organising committee and the international scientific programme committee. The winners will be announced at the meeting - check the notice board at the Registration Desk. Prizes are:
- 1st prize:
- $600 (CAD) plus 1 year subscription to 3 NPG journals - Winner Poster 34: Alex K Joseph
- 2nd prize:
- $300 (CAD) plus 1 year subscription to 2 NPG journals - Winner Poster 133: Raj Chari
- 3rd prize:
- $150 (CAD) plus 1 year subscription to 1 NPG journal - Winner Poster 195: Josep Maria Mercader
All participants at HGM2007 will have the opportunity to take advantage of a 20% reduction on all relevant NPG titles. Visit the Nature Publishing Group booth in the main Exhibition Hall or the NPG website at www.nature.com for more details.
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Poster Prize
The HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee (HGNC) will again be awarding prizes to the authors of the two posters which contain the HIGHEST NUMBER of correct gene symbols. This will be judged by members of the HGNC team with a score of +1 for use of a correct symbol and -3 for an incorrect one.
The prizes are:
- a year's subscription to Nature Genetics - Winner Poster 51 Paulina M Wojnarowicz
- a year's subscription to Nature Reviews Genetics - Winner Poster 215 Shantanu Chowdhury
whom we would like to thank for their continuing support.